Main Article Content
Background: The development of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) treatment has led the increased of patients survival. Quality of life has became a value based medicine component that should be evaluated in treating SLE. One standardized questionnaire to asses the quality of life in SLE patients is Lupus Quality of Life (Lupus QoL). Currently, in Indonesia, there has not been any spesific questionnaire to asses the quality of life in SLE patients. This study aims to prove that Lupus QoL is valid and reliable to asses the quality of life in SLE
patients in Indonesia.
Methods: This study used cross sectional study method. Firstly, we translated the Lupus QoL into Indonesian language, then we tested to 10 respondents. Then, we continued the study with larger sample size. We analyzed the reliability of the test and the re-test result using the interclass coefficient correlation and the internal consistency of the tests using cronbach alpha. Construct validity was evaluated using multi trait scaling analysis and the extrenal validity was evaluated using correlation between domains in short form 36 (SF 36)
with Lupus QoL and with disease activity.
Results: Data collection was done to 65 SLE patients between October â€“ November 2015 in RSCM. The test has good external validity SF 36 (r=0.38-0.66, p<0.05) and good construct validity (r >0.4; range: 0.44-0.93). The ICC value in one week >0.7 and Cronbach Î± was
>0.7 in each domain. The correlation between lupus QoL and the disease activity was weak and consistentwith other studies.
Conclusion: Lupus QoL questionnaire is valid and reliable to asses the quality of life in SLE patients inIndonesia.
Key words: Quality of Life, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Lupus QoL, Validity, Reliability
- Kasjmir YI, Wijaya LK, Hamijoyo L, Albar Z, Hermansyah HK, KertiaN, Achadiono DNW dkk. Indonesian Rheumatology Organization Recommendation for Diagnosis and Management Systemic Lupus Erythematous [Rekomendasi perhimpunan reumatologi indonesia untuk diagnosis dan pengelolaan lupus eritematosus sistemik. In: Diagnosis dan Pengelolaan Lupus Eritematosus Sistemik]. Jakarta: Indonesian Rheumatology Organization [Perhimpuan Reumatologi Indonesia]; 2011:p3 - 11
- Nasution AR, Sumariyono. Rheumatology introduction [Introduksi reumatologi]. In: Setiati S, Alwi I, Sudoyo AW, Simadibrata M, Setyohadi B, Syam AF, editor. Textbook of internal medicine [Buku Ajar Ilmu Penyakit Dalam] Volume III, 4th edition. Jakarta: Interna Publishing; 2014: p. 3063-9.
- Thumboo J, Vibeke S. Health-related quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: an update. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2007;36:115-22.
- Myon Bae J. Value based medicine. Epih. 2015;37: 1-5.
- M. Nikpour M, Bridge JA, Richter S. A systematic review of prevalence, disease characteristics andmanagement of systemic lupus erythematosus in Australia: identifying areas of unmet need. Intern Med J. 2014 Dec;44(12a):1170-9.
- Odhiambo J1, Oyoo GO, Amayo E.An evaluation of quality of life in ambulatory patients with systemic lupus erythematosusattending rheumatology clinic in KenyattaNational Hospital. Afr J Rheumatol 2014;2(1): 18-22
- Parrondo RR. Integral treatment of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. In book: Harjacek M, ed, Challenges in Rheumatology. InTech, 2011: p. 848-9. Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/challengesin-rheumatology/integral-treatment-of-systemic-lupuserythematosus.
- Roberts AL, Rizzolo D.Systemic lupus erythematosus:An update on treatto-target. Journal of American Academy of Physician Assistant; 2015 September (9): p22-8.
- Kuriya B, Gladman DD, Ibanez D, Urowitz MB. Quality of Life over time in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2008 Feb15;59(2):181-5.
- Lateef A, Petry M. Unmet medical needs in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14 Suppl 4:S4. doi: 10.1186/ar3919.
- Kiani AN, Vibeke S, Hong Fang H, Jaranilla J, Petri M. Predictors of selfreported health-related quality of life in systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013 Sep;52(9):1651-7. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/ket171
- Tamayo T F, Beer S, Winkler-Rohlfing B, Schneider M. Factors influencing the health related quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: long-term results (2001-2005) of patients in the German Lupus Erythematosus Self-Help Organization (LULA Study). Lupus. 2010 Dec;19(14):1606-13. doi: 10.1177/0961203310377090
- Hyphantis T, VoulgariPV, Tsifetaki, Drososand AA. Coping with healthstressors and defence styles associated with health-related quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2011 Aug;20(9):893-903. doi: 10.1177/0961203311398264
- Gallop K, Swinburn P, SterlingKL, Naegeli AN, Silk MET. Development of a conceptual model of health-related quality of life for systemic lupus erythematosus from the patientâ€™s perspective. Lupus. 2012 Aug;21(9):934-43. doi: 10.1177/0961203312441980.
- Mok LH, Cheung MY, Yu KL, To CH. Effect of disease activity and damage on quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a 2-year prospective study. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009 Mar-Apr;38(2):121-7. doi: 10.1080/03009740802415527.
- Panopalis P, Clarke AE. Quality of life in systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Dev Immunol. 2006 Jun-Dec; 13(2-4): 321â€“324. doi:10.1080/17402520600877760
- Holloway L, Humphrey L, Pilling C, Kitchen H, HÃ¸jbjerre L, StrandbergLarsenM, et al. Patient-reported outcome measures for systemic lupus erythematosus clinical trials: a review of content validity, face validity and psychometric performance.. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2014 Jul 22;12:116. doi: 10.1186/s12955-014-0116-1.
- Yazdany J. Health related quality of life measurement in systemic lupus erythematosus: The LupusQol, SLEQoL and L-QoL. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011 Nov; 63(0 11): S413â€“S419. doi: 10.1002/acr.20636
- McElhone K, Abbot J, Shelmerdine J, Bruce IN, Ahmad Y, Gordon C, et al. development and validation of a disease spesific health related quality of life measure, the lupus qol, for adults with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Aug 15;57(6):972-9.
- Jolly M, Pickard AS, Wilke C, Mikolaitis RA, Teh LS, McElhone K. Lupus spesific health outcome measure for US patients: the Lupus Qol-US version. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010 Jan;69(1):29-33. doi: 10.1136/ard.2008.094763.
- Conti.F, Perricone.C, Reboldi.G, Gawlicki.M, Paccuci.V, Massaro.L, et al. Validation of a disease spesific health related quality of life measure in adult Italian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: Lupus QoL IT. Lupus. 2014 Jul;23(8):743-51. doi: 10.1177/0961203314524466.
- Pamuk ON, Onat AM, Donmez S, Mengus C, Kisacik B. Validity and reliability of Lupus QoL in Turkish systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Lupus. 2015 Jul;24(8):816-21. doi: 10.1177/0961203314565412.
- Hosseini N, Bonakdar ZS, Gholamrezaei A, Mirbagher L. Linguistic validation of the lupus qol for the assesment of quality of life in Iranian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Int J Rheum Dis. 2014 (2014); 151530. Doi: 10.1155/2014/151530
- Su-Li W, Bin W, Lin L, Bucala R. Validity of Lupus QoL China for the assesment of health related quality of life in Chinese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. PLoS ONE 8(5): e63795. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0063795
- Devilliers H Amoura Z, Besancenot JF, Bonnotte B, Pasquali JL, Wahl D, et al. Lupus QoL-FR is valid to assess quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology. Rheumatology (Oxford).2012 Oct;51(10):1906-15