Submission Preparation Checklist EditEdit Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal
Author Guidelines EditEdit Author Guidelines
Indonesian Journal of Rheumatology (IJR) is issued every 6 months (January and July).
- We accept original articles, review articles, and case reports related with rheumatic diseases and connective tissue disorders.
- Manuscript should be submitted through website (journalrheumatology.or.id) with microsoft word format (doc or docx)
- If manuscript contain figures or images, please send the real-size image, with resolution exceeding 300dpi.
- Manuscript template is available here
- Manuscripts have not been published in other journals and should not be submitted simultaneously to any other publication.
- Selected manuscript authors should completed a statement about the originality of the manuscript(s).
- The Editor-in-Chief and an Associate Editor generally review the submitted manuscripts. Then the selected manuscripts are reviewed by usually two reviewers. Upon completion of the review, notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the corresponding author by e-mail or notification on the web. If a revised version is requested, it should be returned no later than 14 days after notification.
- The theme and research design are consistent with the result.
- All manuscript should be written in clear and appropriate language. English language is prefered. The text must be typed in 12-point font with 1,15-line spacing and 2.5-cm margins (left, right, up and down-margin) on A4 size paper.
- Title of manuscriptshouldless than 200 characters, including spaces
- Author list contain following first name, middle name, and last name), followed by name of the institutions at which the work was performed; name, address, telephone, fax number, and e-mail address of the corresponding author
- Abstract structure up to 300 words, containing Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions. The objectives, observations and main results should be provided. Keywords :Three to ten keywords, reflecting the contents of the manuscript
- Introduction: consist of relevant background, brief review of the medical literature concisely with purpose of study, and objective of study clearly stated at the last paragraph. No subtitle is allowed in this section.
- Methods: presented in flexible format, could explain in paragraphs or structure in substitles. Including: study plan (cross-sectional, case-control, cohort, randomized trial, etc), timed and placed study took, materials collecting methods including :subjects inclusion and exclusion criteria, laboratorium assesment: reagent, equipments, etc. Example:.. the reagent used was Quantikine Human IL-17 Immunoassay (R and D System Inc., Minneapolis, USA), radiological assesment drug, substance, placebo preparation: method of preparation or manufacturer, and statistical analysis methods: test and programe used for data analysis, example: ... using t-test within Statistical Packages for Social Sciences (SPSS) version 20.
- Result: decription of study result should be arranged in sturctured manner. The result could be presented within the text, using figures, or tables. The text should not repated the content of figures or tables, except for main findings, important trends, statistical significance or key points.
- Discussion: Analyze important finding of the study, including argument, comparison with previous study, and plausibel hypotheses. Do not repeated the result of study, define and analysis significant finding that concisely related with the aims of study.
- Conclusion should refer to the objective of study.
- Additionally: Tables use three horizontal lines only. Number tables used for reference are mentioned in the main text. The title is placed above the table, using sentence case. Below each table, provide a key to abbreviations and additional explanations if needed. Tables and legends should provide enough detail that the study data can be understood without reference to the main text.Laboratory measurements should be expressed in SI (Standard International) units. A single space is usually required between the numeral and the unit; no space is inserted for % and â„ƒ.
- References: Reference use Vancouver style. Number of references should be ordered according to order of appearance in the text. For Indonesian article resources, title should be translated in English without altering the meaning. Articles used should be published at last 10 years.
Example of Reference list:
- Printed Journal : Fransen M, Edmonds J. Reliability and validity of the EuroQol in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. Rheumatology 1999;38:807-13.
- Online Journal: World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis control 2010. [Online]. 2010 [cited 2010 Nov]; Available from: URL:http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241564069_eng.pdf.
- Authors without editor: Lodish H, Baltimore D, Berk A, Zipursky SL, Matsudaira P, Darnell J. Molecular cell biology. 3rd ed. New York: Scientific American; 1995. p. 2â€“10
- Author with Editor: Bennet JE. Aspergillosis. In:Fauci AS, Kasper DL, Longo DL, Braunwald E, Hauser SL, Jameson JL, et al, editors. Harrison's principles of internal medicine. 16thed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2008. p. 1188-90
- Published by organization: World Health Organization. Treatment of tuberculosis: guidelines for national programmes. 3rd edition. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003
- Chapter in books: Isbagio H, Albar Z, Kasjmir YI. Systemic lupus erythematosus [Lupus eritematosus sistemik]. In: Sudoyo AW, Setiyohadi B, Alwi I, Kolopaking MS, Setiati S, editors. Textbook of internal medicine [Buku ajar ilmu penyakit dalam]. 4th ed. Jakarta: Information and Publications Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Indonesia School of Medicine [Pusat Informasi dan Penerbitan Ilmu Penyakit Dalam FKUI]; 2006. p. 1224-31.
- Online Books: Patrias K. Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers [Internet]. 2nd ed. Wendling DL, technical editor. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2007[updated 2015 Oct 2; citedÂ Year Month Day]. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/citingmedicine
- Thesis: Juariah N. Profile and five-year survival analysis of sustemic lupus erythematosus patients in Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital in 1999-2007 [Profil dan kesintasan lima tahun pada pasien lupus eritematosus sistemik di RSCM tahun 1999-2007] [specialist thesis]. [Jakarta]: University of Indonesia School of Medicine; 2008.
- Conference or Scientific meeting materials: Kalim H, Handono K. Problems of the rheumatic diseases in Indonesia and efforts to overcome them [Masalah penyakit reumatik di Indonesia serta upaya-upaya penanggulangannya]. In: Setiyohadi B, Kasjmir YI, Mahfudzoh S, editors. Proceedings of the 2000 Rheumatology Scientific Meeting [Naskah lengkap Pertemuan Ilmiah Reumatologi 2000]; Jakarta: Indonesian Rheumatology Association; 2000. p. 1-11.
Other reference list could be used as in:
- Original article
- Manuscripts consist of title, Authors list and institution, followed by abstracts and keywords, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. Tables and figures could be placed within the text or at the end of the articles.
- Total lenght of manuscripts should not exceed 14 pages or about 5000 words for original articles..
- Review article
- Manuscripts consist of title, Authors list and institution, followed by abstracts and keywords, introduction, body, conclusion, and references. Details of body manuscript format may be flexible according to the contents.
- Total lenght of manuscripts should not exceed 14 pages or about 5000 words for review articles.
- Case report
- Manuscript begin with title, Authors list and institution, followed by abstracts and keywords, introduction, cases, outcome, discussion, conclusion, and references.
- Total lenght of manuscripts should not exceed 8 pages or about 3000 words for or case report